Our phones are pretty amazing little machines that put the world at our fingertips, offering millions of apps for everything under the sun. It can be difficult to navigate which apps are worth the coveted storage space on our phones, so we have to prioritize. Along with the typical social media apps, we like to keep money-saving, time-saving, and GPA saving apps within our touch because well, what could be more useful? Check out the best apps for college students:
Save your money
- Retail-Me-Not: This app helps you save money in-store and online at over 5,000 stores across the country. It’ll notify you if you’re in or near a store with deals, so you never miss a coupon.
- UNiDAYS: Over 300 brands offer exclusive online (and sometimes in-store) student discounts with registration of a student email with this app. Save on clothing brands like Puma and Urban Outfitters or tech like Apple or Samsung.
- Cash App: Unlike some other money-transfer apps, Cash App can score you cash-back and discounts at many of your favorite restaurants when using it to pay.
- Pocket Points: This app rewards you for not using your phone. Just open it up before class, set your phone aside, and rack up points to get discounts around town.
- Groupon: The coolest part of Groupon is that you don’t only save on items, but on experiences. Discount go-cart, anyone?
Save your time
- Amazon Prime Student: If you need something but don’t have the time or energy to go out and find it, let Amazon Prime bring it to you within 2 days. Prime Student offers a 6-month trial and discounted rate.
- Tapingo: No more waiting in line to order your food on campus or around town. Just order and pay for it through this app, swing by and pick up your food.
- UberEats/Grubhub/Waitr: Studying in the library? At work? Too lazy to leave your couch? Let these apps bring the food to you.
- Waze: A GPS app that constantly updates to let you know about accidents, detours, and even police to let you get where you’re going quickly and safely.
Save your GPA
- Quizlet: Possibly the most helpful study app ever. Create flashcards, play games, and test yourself on your material and you’re sure to pass. You can also review other student’s notes to make sure you cover all the bases
- MyHomework Student Planner: Track your classes and assignments and get notifications for upcoming due dates with this fool-proof planning app. No more forgetting anything is due, ever.
- Chegg: Get those expensive textbooks up to 90% cheaper through this app and utilize its Study feature to get step-by-step help on your most difficult homework questions.
- Duolingo: Never fall behind your language course with this free app that makes learning over a dozen languages easy and super fun.
- Evernote: Create and share notes with your classmates and never feel unorganized again. Notes, to-do lists, ideas, and deadlines are all in this one easy to use app.
- RealCalc Scientific Calculator: This Android app provides the complexity of a scientific calculator in the simplicity of your phone. No more worrying about leaving your calculator at home, though we don’t recommend using this during an exam.
I’d say any, if not all, of these apps, are definitely worth checking out. I keep a few of them on my phone and I can personally say that they have all really had my back through these sketchy college years. If you happen to know of any other life-saving apps, please, share the wealth and comment below.