It’s the spookiest time of year in Tampa as we roll into October! Though USF football will only make one home-game appearance, there’s still plenty to do around town throughout the month. Check out a concert, attend another sporting event, or have some festive fun to get ready for Halloween.
University of South Florida
The Bulls are mostly away this month, but there’s no reason you shouldn’t head to the local sports bar and cheer on the boys as they hit the road and show out!
- Football:-USF @ UMASS Oct. 6th, 3:30pm
-USF @ Tulsa Oct. 12th, 7:00pm
-USF vs. UCONN Oct. 20th, TBA
-USF @ Houston Oct. 27th, TBA
Other fall athletics still going strong throughout the month heading into their Conference seasons are Men and Women’s Cross Country, Men and Women’s Golf, Men and Women’s Soccer, Men and Women’s Tennis, and Women’s Volleyball.
For a full schedule of all USF sporting events, check out their composite calendar.
As always, the city of Tampa is bustling with amazing music acts as artists diverge on the city in the middle of their fall tours. Check out these upcoming shows coming to town this October:
- Slander @ The Ritz Ybor Oct. 5th, 10pm
- Funktober Fest @ Maddox Ranch Oct. 5th-8th
- Hoodie Allen @ The Orpheum Oct. 6th, 6pm
- Milky Chance @ The Ritz Ybor Oct. 10th, 7pm
- Wheeler Walker, Jr., and Kid Rock @ Midflorida Credit Amphitheatre Oct. 12th, 6:30pm
- Jauz @ The Ritz Ybor Oct. 13th, 10pm
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus @ Crowbar Oct. 14th 6:30pm
- Denzel Curry @ The Orpheum Oct. 15th, 5pm
- Beartooth @ The Orpheum Oct. 17th, 5pm
- Rae Sremmurd @ Yuengling Center Oct. 18th, 8pm
- Chris Young and Riley Green @ Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park Oct. 20th, 1pm
- Lary Over @ The Ritz Ybor Oct. 21st, 10pm
- J. Balvin @ Yuengling Center Oct. 27th, 7pm
- PRETTYMUCH @ The Ritz Ybor Oct. 28th, 6:30pm
- Adventure Club @ The Ritz Ybor Oct. 31st, 10pm
For a full list of upcoming shows in Tampa, see Songkick.
It’s a big month for hockey with a lot of opportunities to see the Tampa Bay Lightning light up the arena! Check out their schedule plus games from Tampa’s USL soccer team, the Tampa Bay Rowdies and a home game for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers @ Amalie Arena Oct.6th, 7pm
- Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Charlotte Independence @ Al Long Stadium Oct. 6th, 7:30pm
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Vancouver Canucks @ Amalie Arena Oct. 11th, 7:30pm
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Columbus Blue Jackets @ Amalie Arena Oct. 13th, 7pm
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Carolina Hurricanes @ Amalie Arena Oct. 16th, 7:30pm
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings @ Amalie Arena Oct. 18th, 7:30pm
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns @ Raymond James Stadium Oct. 21st, 1pm
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New Jersey Devils @ Amalie Arena Oct. 30th, 7:30pm
Halloween kicks off the holiday season, so get into the spirit (pun intended.) All month long Tampa hosts friendly frights for the family and scarier options for those who can handle it. No tricks, all treats.
- Howl-O-Scream @ Busch Gardens Sep. 21st-Oct. 28th $40.00Busch Gardens amusement park transforms into haunted grounds filled with scare zones and haunted houses, along with live shows. This is high-scare experience recommended for adults.
- Undead in the Water @ the American Victory Ship Oct. 4-Oct. 31st $13.00Escape a legion of the undead aboard the American Victory Ship. Will you survive this zombie attack in the battle for humanity?
- Creatures of the Night @ ZooTampa at Lowry Park Oct. 5th-Oct. 27th $24.95-$27.95Friday’s and Saturday’s throughout October, ZooTampa embraces the scare at this family-friendly Halloween event. After 4pm the fun begins, packed with spooky surprises around every corner.
- A Night at the Museum @ Tampa Bay History Center Oct. 14th $10.00-$12.00Roam through the halls of the History Center and watch figures come to life! Trick or treat through the museum and interact with historical and fictional characters alike.
- A Nightmare on Franklin Street @ the Tampa Theatre Oct. 19-Oct. 31st $10.00-$12.00Enjoy scary movies ranging from horror to family-friendly in the most haunted theatre in Tampa. Live shows and ghost tours will also be offered throughout the month for those who want to dive a little deeper into the venue’s ghastly past.
- Fantasma Fest: Legend of the Pumpkin King Parade @ 7th Ave in Ybor City Oct.26 $35.00 with Student IDPut on your best costume and head down to the first “people’s parade” in Ybor City. March down the street with hundreds of spooky spectators behind the great Pumpkin King.
So engage in haunted delights or keep to life’s normalcy this October when around town. For more events, shows, and things to do check out these calendars with more info: