With Halloween just around the corner, Tallahassee gets ready for its spooky season! There are tons of festive events around town to get you into the spirit, along with Florida State sports and concerts rolling into town. Check out things to do throughout the month in Florida’s capital city.
Florida State University
Florida State football continues its season with a couple of home games following its annual match-up against the University of Miami. Pack up the coolers and roll out the grills to get out and support #NoleNation!
- FSU @ UM Oct. 6th, 3:30pm
- FSU vs. Wake Forest Oct. 20th, TBA
- FSU vs. Clemson Oct. 27th, TBA
Other FSU teams go forward with their seasons throughout the month including Men and Women’s Cross Country, Men and Women’s Tennis, Men and Women’s Golf, Men and Women’s Swimming and Diving, Women’s Soccer, and Women’s Volleyball.
There’s plenty of great shows coming to town this October. From small performances to festivals, there’s music for everyone to enjoy to kick off fall.
- Young Boy Never Broke Again, Moneybagg Yo, and Jacquees @ Tallahassee Pavilion Oct. 6th, 8:00pm
- Kevin Hart @ Donald L. Tucker Civic Center Oct. 12th, 7:00pm
- Suwannee Roots Festival @ Spirit of Suwannee Music Park Oct. 12th- Oct. 15th TBA
- Kevin Gates, Juice WRLD, and QuinceLu @ Tallahassee Pavilion Oct. 15th, 7:00pm
- Ying Yang Twins @ The Wilbury Oct. 16th, 8:30pm
- Adventure Club @ Baja’s Beach Club Oct. 17th 10:00pm
- Slander @ Baja’s Beach Club Oct. 18th, 10:00pm
- Big Boi from Outcast and T-Pain @ Doak Campbell Stadium Oct. 20th, after Wake Forest game
- Dirty Audio @ TENN Oct. 24th, TBA
- Suwannee Hulaween @ Spirit of Suwannee Music Park Oct.25th- Oct. 28th, TBA
- The String Cheese Incident @ TBA Oct. 26th, TBA
For a full schedule of shows and concerts, visit Songkick
- Halloween Howl @ Tallahassee Museum Oct. 19th- Oct. 20th, 6:00pm- 10:00pm $10.00-$15.00Though there’s activities for all ages, the haunted trails will surely scare your socks off. Choose between the not-so-spooky or the terrifying walks through the dark woods behind the museum.
- Terror of Tallahassee @ 1408 Brandford Road Oct. 5th- Oct. 31st, Select hours $18.00-$28.00This haunted house is not for the faint of heart and is sure to scare your socks off. With a surprise around every corner, you’re sure for a scream in this Halloween maze.
- Halloween Symphony Spooktacular @ Cascades Park Oct 26th, 6:00pm FreeEnjoy a Halloween twist on the beautiful sounds of the City of Tallahassee and Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra’s at the 4th annual Spooktacular. The park will have food trucks and trick-or-treat stations set up to give you a quick bite as you watch the show.
- Ghost Walking Tours @ Andrew’s Capital Bar & Grill Oct. 27th- Oct. 29th $17.00Explore the haunted history of Tallahassee on these frightful, on foot ghost tours. There are multiple tours a day beginning at 6:30pm and they last forty-five minutes.
Which of these things to do in Tallahassee in October 2018 are you most interested in? Let us know which in the comments!