It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas is Tallahassee! The city slows down a little throughout December as classes wrap up, but that isn’t a bad thing! With a sprinkle of holiday here and there as well as a handful of shows and activities, there’s no reason not to have a jolly time this holiday season.
Football season may not have gone as hoped, but basketball season is in full swing and our Noles are ready to go! Check out the massive home-game lineup of both Men’s and Women’s basketball this winter season.
- FSU vs. Troy (Dec. 3rd, 8:00pm)
- FSU (Never Forget Tribute Classic) vs. UCONN (Dec. 8th, 6:30pm)
- FSU vs. Southeast Missouri (Dec. 17th, 7:00pm)
- FSU vs. North Florida (Dec. 19th, 7:00pm)
- FSU (METRO PCS ORANGE BOWL BASKETBALL CLASSIC) vs. Saint Louis (Dec. 22nd, 2:30pm)
- FSU @ Mercer (Dec. 5th, 7:00pm)
- FSU @ St. John’s (Dec. 9th, 2:00pm)
- FSU vs. Creighton (Dec. 16th, 2:00pm)
- FSU vs. Milwaukee (Dec. 20th, 8:00pm)
- FSU vs. Georgia State (Dec. 29th, 2:00pm)
Whether Tally is home for the holidays or if you need some seasonal fun before winter break, you can catch some yuletide action this December!
- Winter Festival @ McCarty Park (Dec. 1st, 3:00pm-10:00pm) Free Ring in the holidays at this year’s Winter Festival! Complete with a parade, tree lighting ceremony, and candy-cane lane that is sure to get you in the Christmas spirit!
- Seasonal Celebration @ Ruby Diamond Concert Hall (Dec. 1st-2nd, 7:30pm-12:00am) $5.00-$10.00
There’s nothing more beautiful than an orchestra rendition of classic holiday tunes. Come see your favorite seasonal songs harmonized in a relaxing theatre setting.
- The Nutcracker @ Ruby Diamond Concert Hall (Dec. 8th-9th, 2:30pm & 7:30pm) $25.00-$58.00
The Tallahassee Ballet is set to perform a true Christmas classic. One of the most beautiful ballets created, a must see if you never have and one that never gets old.
- Jingle Bell Run @ Park Ave. & Monroe St. (Dec. 14th) Check ticket pricing
A little bit under 2 miles of a jog, plus a free shirt, Santa hat, and jingle-bell for your shoe for the first 2,000 guests who enter!
There are a few things happening around town other than the holidays, including concerts and market fairs! So if you need a break from gingerbread cookies and eggnog, check out some of the events below to give you something to do!
- Chief Keef @ Baja’s (Dec. 1st, 9:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Dirty South @ TENN (Dec. 1st, 10:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Dirt Monkey @ Potbelly’s (Dec. 1st, 3:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Market Days 53rd Annual Shopping Event @ North Florida Fairgrounds (Dec. 1st-2nd, 10:00am-5:00pm) $6.00
One of the Southeast’s biggest arts and craft fairs! Over 300 vendors will pack out the grounds, making it easy to find something for everyone!
- Wolfgang Gartner @ TENN (Dec. 6th, 10:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Gaines Street Fest 2018 @ The Wilbury (Dec. 8th-9th, 2:00pm-12:00am) Free
The biggest block party around is back with free live music, food and drink vendors galore!
- Snoop Dogg @ Donald L. Tucker Civic Center (Dec. 21st, 7:00pm) Check ticket pricing
There’re a couple things to do this month throughout Tally that leave you no reason not to be merry! So head on out and spread some cheer this holiday season! For more events and show dates, check out the calendars below.