With peak Halloween crowds beginning to accumulate, as well as peak pricing for Halloween events. Many of Orlando’s visitors and residents will want to avoid the theme parks throughout the middle to end portion of October. Here are some other events taking place this month in The City Beautiful:
- Aside from Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort’s well-known Halloween events, SeaWorld Orlando is hosting its Halloween Spooktacular, now thru October 28. This event is included with your theme park admission.
- If you go to SeaWorld Orlando after October 4 then be sure to ride the brand new family raft ride Infinity Falls opening at noon that day. Rush the rapids down the 40-foot drop, the largest freefall drop for any water raft ride.
- Legoland Florida has begun celebrating its Brick-or-Treat event, a fun event for all ages of the family that takes place on select nights throughout October. Be sure to check which nights the event takes place here as this is located slightly outside the Central Orlando area.
- Mortem Manor is Florida’s only year-round haunted house, meaning during the month of October is its month to shine. Located at Old Town in Kissimmee, just outside of the Walt Disney World bubble, this attraction is open Wednesday to Sunday and offers you the chance to experience fear through stories, animatronics and special effects around every corner.
- Mount Dora is hosting their 44th annual bicycle festival October 4th thru 7th. Choose one of sixteen different routes to venture on, as well as raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness by riding in pink and decorating your bicycle pink.
- Oktoberfest is in full swing! Many bars and restaurants in the Downtown Orlando area participate in this annual tradition, and they will gladly help you celebrate this 185-year-old tradition, even the theme parks!
Beat the theme park crowds for the Halloween events and get to the parks early, this way you can enjoy the lesser-known, but just as fun events in the surrounding area with your family, here in Orlando.