From film festivals to national parks, local restaurant tastings, and great deals, there are plenty of fun activities and events in Miami during the month of September that you won’t want to miss. Here are some of the best things to do in Miami during September 2018.
- Miami Football- If you’re a UM student there is no better way to kick-off your college year than with a little bit of tailgating and lots of football
-Hurricanes vs Savannah State (9/8 @ 6:00pm)
–Hurricanes vs Golden Panthers (9/22 @ TBD)
-Hurricanes vs North Carolina Tar Heels (9/27 @ TBD)
- Other Fall athletics such as Swimming and Diving, Women’s Volleyball, Women’s Soccer, Men’s Tennis and Cross Country will be happening during the month of September. Go #Canes!
- Meet the First Lady– Interact with Dr. Felicia Marie Knaul, UM’s First Lady and director of the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas on September 5th at 5:30pm.
- Jazz Piano Duo– Grammy-nominated Kneebody pianist Adam Benjamin and Barry Harris Piano Competition Winner Tal Cohen will perform in a jazz piano duo recital featuring special guests on September 12th at 7:30pm at Clarke Recital Hall.
- Distinguished Leaders Lecture Series– President and Publisher of the Miami Herald Media Company Alexandra Villoch on September 24th at 6:00pm will be part of the Miami Business School’s lecture series this month. More details to follow on events page.
For more event dates, check out the full Miami University Calendar.
- ArtsLaunch 2018– September 8th (free). Miami’s biggest annual arts event. The Adrienne Arsht Center will be kicking-off the arts season with activities, performances, and a community arts village of more than 100 local artists, food, cultural organizations, live bands and more. Check out the Facebook event page for more details about the event.
- Miami Taco Takeover by Thrillist– September 8th ($49-79). For Miami taco-lovers! Be a judge for the best local restaurants and masters of mixology in Miami, as they serve original tacos, Latin-inspired dishes, and the best Cuervo Tradicional cocktails for a chance to win the Cuervo Tradicional Taco Takeover & Cocktail Competition. The event will take place at Soho Studios from 6:00-9:00pm.
- Brazilian Film Festival– September 14-24th. If you’re looking for a dose of daily culture and film in Miami, the 22nd edition will be playing short and feature films in locations like Florida International University, Savor Cinema, and the New World Symphony Soundscape Park, where people will gather under an open sky to watch this year’s best film, chosen by the audience.
- Miami Spice– Until September 30th. When it comes to things to do in Miami, the city’s vibrant and delicious culinary scene is always at the top of the list. The two-month long restaurant promotion of the best of Miami cuisine allows you to choose from three-course, price-fixed menus for brunch/lunch ($23) and dinner ($39) at over 100 participating restaurants! Don’t forget to make a reservation before showing up.
- National Public Lands Day- Everglades– September 22nd (free). Are you looking for fun things to do outside? National Public Lands Day is your chance to visit the Everglades National Park. Take advantage of this great opportunity to spend a day biking, hiking, and even kayaking amongst the Florida wildlife. Check out the National Park Service website for more information on all the different activities that the park offers!
- Miami Fashion Film Festival– September 20-22nd. Are you into film and fashion? When it comes to Miami events, you can’t miss this one. The festival takes on the creativity and craft of the fashion industry through revealing documentaries, style-filled classic movies, filmmaker talks, and parties. Be on the look-out for screenings of McQueen, a documentary about the life of Alexander McQueen, at the Miami Beach Cinematheque and will be playing on days before and after the main event!
- Miami Hotel Month– Until September 30th (prices vary). Yes, summer vacation is over… but who said staycations should be? Grab your friends for a weekend and take advantage of deals offered. Florida residents get exclusive discounts, late check-outs, and special perks at the best Miami hotels. Take this last chance to relax before you jump into full study-mode!
Which of these things to do in Miami in September 2018 are you most interested in? Let us know which in the comments!