The cold front is pushing throughout Florida and down to the Miami area, meaning that the holiday spirit is in full swing – as well as all the events that Miami has to offer for the festive season. Here are some of the events you definitely don’t want to miss in Miami this November!
University of Miami
- Biking for Ben will take place on November 17th at Markham Park. This charity cycling event is held in honor of Benjamin Goldman, the grandfather of the event organizer who passed away from Alzheimer’s last summer. All funds raised from this event will go towards The John P. Hussman Institute for Human Genomics at the University of Miami. More information about the event can be found here, along with the sign-up information and the routes available.
- The Frost School of Music hosts guest conductor Michelle Merrill for a performance of a range of masterpieces from European composers on November 16th. This is part of the European Classical Masterworks series. Be sure to purchase your tickets and select your seats in advance here.
- National Geographic Explorers will be visiting campus on November 9th and 10th for a short lecture series from photographers, scientists, and educators.
- Ted Givens is the next lecturer at the Perez Architecture Center on November 26th. Previous lecturers of the Currents Lecture include Spela Videcnik and Arva Moore Parks McCabe.
- Santa’s Enchanted Forest is now open at Miami’s Tropical Park and will run through to January 6th. Featuring carnival games and a 92-foot tall Christmas tree, a rollercoaster and a wide variety of shows – this event is fun for all ages of the family wanting to get in on the holiday spirit.
- The Nascar Ford Championship is taking place the weekend of November 16th and running through to Sunday 18th at the Homestead-Miami Speedway. With the penultimate Ford EcoBoost 500 on Sunday, secure your tickets here to see who will be the next Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Champion.
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit and GACP Sports will host the first annual Celebrity Beach Soccer Match at the W Hotel South Beach on November 17th. This philanthropy event will benefit Best Buddies with guest appearances from models, athletes, and comedians. Tickets for the soccer match run at $50 per person, with general admission starting at $250 per person.
- The White Party, hosted by Care Resource, invites you to “an elegant affair in white that celebrates life, diversity, family, and community” at Villa Vizcaya Museum on Biscayne Bay. All proceeds will benefit Care Resource, a non-profit community-based healthcare organization that has resided in South Florida for over 30 years.
- Begin your long Thanksgiving weekend with the Miami Heat playing against the Brooklyn Nets at the AmericanAirlines Arena on Tuesday 20th. Grab your tickets for this game here.
Miami has a jam-packed schedule of events throughout the month of November so be sure to stay up to date with them all using these calendars: