School’s out for winter break, but there are too many fun things to do in Miami during the month of December to rest! Looking for some holiday fun? Want to tap into your artsy side? Or attend the greatest college football event of the year? We’ve got you covered with the best events and places to go this season!
- Santa’s Enchanted Forest– December 1st to January 6th ($33.64). What better way to celebrate the holidays than at the largest Christmas-Themed Amusement Park and Carnival?! Celebrate its 26th year at Tropical Park with a 92” Christmas tree, 3 million lights decorating every corner, carnival rides, music and food. It’s open from 5pm-Midnight.
- Art Basel– December 6th-9th (Main event, $50 online/$60 at the door; prices vary for other events). Watch our city transform into a cultural art hub. This international arts event will showcase work from the masters of Modern and contemporary art from leading galleries from North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. It attracts over 73,000 artists, collectors, and art dealers to its main event at the Miami Beach Convention Center, and exhibitions and installations that are open before and after, throughout the city.
- Holiday Concert At The New World Symphony– December 15th (free). The New World Symphony presents its holiday WALLCAST Sounds of the Season concert. Enjoy the cooler weather with a festive program to celebrate the season. The concert begins at 7:30pm at SoundScape Park. Gather your friends and family, some blankets and lawn chairs, and share the music!
- Capital One Orange Bowl: December 29th (prices vary). The 2018 college football playoff game of the Orange Bowl will take place at 8:00pm at the Hard Rock Stadium. We’ll know which teams make it to the final soon enough, but this is an event you definitely don’t want to miss. Get your tickets here!
- King Mango Strut Parade: December 30th (Free). Want to attend the wackiest parade of the year? King Mango Strut is the place to be and celebrate the last Sunday of the by strutting your stuff The themes of the parade are anything and everything that has made the headlines this year, and of course, it must be a parody. The parade begins at 2:00pm in Coconut Grove. Anyone can participate!
- Hamilton: An American Musical– December 18, 2018 – January 8, 2019 (ticket prices vary). You might not have seen the show, but who doesn’t know the songs by now? Lin-Manuel Miranda’s acclaimed musical will be at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts beginning for most of the month. Don’t miss the opportunity to sing along to the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. Get your tickets before they run out!*Pro tip: Don’t miss out other wonderful shows coming to Miami this season: Moscow Ballet Great Russian Nutcracker, Legally Blonde, Celtic Thunder and more!
- Snoop Dog- December 20th (ticket prices vary). It’s Snoop D-O-Double-G! The “Gin & Juice” rapper will give a concert at the Seminole Hard Rock Events Center beginning at 8:00pm. Don’t miss your opportunity to see him live. You can get your tickets here!
- Bayfront New Year’s Eve Celebration- December 31st (free). Looking for a way to celebrate New Year’s in Miami? Bayfront Park is the place to be. Don’t miss out the largest FREE New Year’s Eve party in South Florida, with live music by DJ Funky Frank, a count-down to midnight with Miami’s own “Big Orange”, and fireworks! The party begins at 8:00pm but make sure to get there early to find parking.
Miami has a jam-packed schedule of events throughout the month of December so be sure to stay up to date with them all using these calendars: