September ushers in the full swing of the fall semester and the stress that comes with it. If you decide you need a mental break from that assignment workload, check out some of these fun activities around town!
University of Florida
- UF Football: It’s that time of year again! Here’s a list of September’s game schedule, let the tailgates begin.
-UF vs. Charleston Southern (Sept 1st, 7:30pm)
-UF vs. University of Kentucky (Sept 8th, 7:30pm)
-UF vs. Colorado State (Sept 15th, 4:00pm)
-UF @ University of Tennessee (TBA)
-UF @ Mississippi State (TBA)
- Other fall athletics such as Women’s Volleyball, Cross Country, Men & Women’s Golf, Women’s Soccer, and Men & Women’s Tennis will also be rolling throughout the month. Come out and support #GatorCountry!
- Explore More: The Internet of Things: Join John Harris, chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, September 6th at 6:00pm in the Pugh Hall Orca for a speech on the university’s studies in new technology and how cyber sensors change the way we live.
- Evenings at Whitney: Sharks and Rays on the Brink: Another installment of the series hosted in the Florida Whitney Laboratory which explores the magnificence of sharks and rays will be held September 13th at 7:00pm.
For more event dates, check out the full University of Florida Calendar.
- Kanapaha Botanical Gardens Guided Tour: September 1st ($8/adult) Take a stroll through the gardens on this beautiful guided tour offered the first Saturday of every month. Tours begin at 10am.
- Yoga Monday @ Bo Diddly Plaza: September 3rd (free) Take some time and meditate at this free yoga session in the park. The class is 6-7pm and will continue every Monday throughout the month.
- Union Square Farmer’s Market @ Bo Diddly Community Plaza: September 5th (free) Fresh fruits, veggies, jams and more are offered at this weekly farmers market! Swing by 4-7pm every Wednesday, rain or shine and get yourself something delicious.
- Live Music and Frisbee @ One Love Cafe: September 6th (free) Come to play out and lay out on the lawn while spending time with friends 7-9pm every Thursday of the month. Music will be playing and amateur frisbee players are welcome!
- Free Friday Concert Series @ Bo Diddly Plaza: September 7th (free) More live music will be offered in this month’s continuation of the Free Friday Concert Series. Listen to the sounds of The Shambles, The Imposters, Michael Claytor & His Friends, and Gilberto De Paz & Tropix throughout the course of the month.
- Paint Out @ Kanapaha Botanical Gardens: September 7th-9th ($8) Enjoy the beauty of the gardens and watch local landscape artists create their masterpieces before your eyes at this year’s 3-day Paint Out festival.
- Wild Adventure Open House @ Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation: September 29th ($10) Explore the world of over the 29 endangered species that call Carson Springs home, and get up close and personal with big cats, warthogs, and the oldest Indian rhino in the world! Food trucks from around town will be there to offer delicious local eats to top it off. The event runs 10am-3pm.
For a full schedule of things to do in Gainesville, check out these links to local calendars and stay updated on all of the fun!