Spring flowers are blooming, the air is warming, and we’re ready for March in Gainesville! We’ve got a full athletic schedule for almost every sport, plenty of events rolling into town and concerts coming to nearby cities. So get up, get out, and enjoy all the Swamp has to offer!
This month we’ve got the last of basketball’s regular season games (Women’s Basketball is away at Vanderbilt March 3rd) going into the SEC tournament. March Madness kicks off March 21st for Men and March 22nd for Women. Men’s Baseball has a majority home-schedule, and Women’s Softball continues their season ranked 6th in the nation! #GoGators
- UF vs. Georgia (Mar. 2nd, 8:30pm)
- UF vs. LSU (Mar. 6th, 7:00pm)
- UF @ Kentucky (Mar. 10th, 2:00pm)
- UF @ SEC Tournament (Mar. 13th-17th)
- UF vs. Winthrop (Mar. 1st-3rd)
- UF vs. FGCU (Mar. 5th-6th)
- UF vs. Yale (Mar. 8th-10th)
- UF vs. FSU (Mar. 12th, 6:30pm)
- UF vs. Mississippi State (Mar. 15th-17th)
- UF vs. Jacksonville (Mar. 19th)
- UF @ Vanderbilt (Mar. 21st-23rd)
- UF @ FSU (Mar. 26th, 6:00pm)
- UF vs. Alabama (Mar. 29th-31st)
- UF @ Judi Garman Classic (Feb. 28th-Mar. 2nd)
- UF vs. Tennessee (Mar. 8th-10th)
- UF vs. UCF (Mar. 13th, 6:00pm)
- UF @ LSU (Mar. 16th-18th)
- UF vs. Minnesota (Mar. 20th)
- UF vs. Mercer (Mar. 23rd-24th)
- UF vs. Bethune-Cookman (Mar. 27th, 6:00pm)
- UF @ Ole Miss (Mar. 29th-31st)
Concerts & Shows
- Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias @ Times-Union for the Performing Arts (Mar. 3rd, 7:00pm) $38.00-$50.00
- P!nk @ Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena (Mar. 5th, 7:30pm) Check ticket pricing
- Tame Impala @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre (Mar. 6th, 8:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Blake Shelton @ Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena (Mar. 7th, 7:00pm) $27.00-$140.00
- The Avett Brothers @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre (Mar. 7th, 7:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Travis Scott @ Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena (Mar. 14th, 8:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Elton John @ Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena (Mar. 15th, 8:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Trevor Noah @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre (Mar. 16th, 7:30pm) $45.00-$99.00
- STRFKR @ High Dive (Mar. 17th, 8:00pm) $20.00-$22.00
This month Gainesville has fast cars, soaring planes, and all-night danceathons! And if you’re in the mood for more St. Patrick’s Day fun, check out local hangouts such as The Swamp and Gainesville House of Beer for all-day specials.
- 50th annual Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals @ Gainesville Raceway (Mar. 15th-17th) Check ticket pricing
This fast and furious drag race will reach its historic 50th championship this March in Gainesville! Come enjoy a day of speed in the beautiful Florida sun.
- Jacksonville St. Patrick’s Day Street Festival @ Riverside Arts Market (Mar. 17th, 12:00pm-10:00pm) Free
Jacksonville’s largest St. Patrick’s Day street event is back! Come enjoy all of the Irish food, beer, music, and more! Don’t forget to wear green!
- 6th Annual Gainesville Modern Weekend @ Matheson History Museum (Mar. 21st-23rd) Check ticket pricing
This annual celebration dives into Gainesville’s modern architectural past, present, and future through a series of speeches, exhibitions, and tours.
- 2019 Gator Fly In and Armed Services Appreciation Day @ Gainesville Regional Airport (Mar. 23rd, 8:00am-2:00pm) Free
If you’ve never been to an airshow you should definitely consider it! Fast planes, helicopter rides, classic cars, and yummy snacks to enjoy it all!
- Spring Garden Festival @ Kanapaha Botanical Gardens (Mar. 23rd, 9:00am-5:00pm) $10.00
A beautiful festival featuring all of nature’s best. Visit over 150 booths displaying plants, garden accessories, landscape displays, art and more.
- Drive Florida Auto Fest @ Celebration Pointe (Mar. 29th-30th) $27.00
Calling all car enthusiasts! This collaboration of events celebrates the speed, beauty, and history of automobiles throughout the course of the weekend.
- UF’s Dance Marathon (Mar. 30th-31st) Check donation/ticket pricing
One of the University of Florida’s biggest annual fundraising events returns for a 23rd year, hoping to raise more than ever before for UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital. In 2018 this event raised over $3 million dollars! Come be a part of history alongside of a great cause.
So here’s to hoping that the warm sun of spring peeps its head out so that we can get back to day parties and laying by the pool! For more things to do, check out the event calendars below for extra shows and events this month in Gainesville!