We’re rolling into January real lazy, but that isn’t a bad thing! There’s still plenty to do in Gainesville this month, including a packed Gator basketball schedule, a few good brewery events, and a medieval faire. So you know…you have options. Check out what’s going on in town this month!
Both basketball teams have been training and playing all winter break and are ready to show everyone what they’ve got. Take a look at the many games going on this month and schedule in one or two to attend! #GoGators
- UF vs. South Carolina (Jan. 5th, 7:00pm)
- UF @ Arkansas (Jan. 9th, 8:30pm)
- UF vs. Tennessee (Jan. 12th, 6:00pm)
- UF @ Mississippi State (Jan. 15th, 7:00pm)
- UF @ Georgia (Jan 19th, 12:00pm)
- UF vs. Texas A&M (Jan. 22nd, 8:30am)
- UF @ TCU (Jan. 26th, 12:00pm)
- UF vs. Ole Miss (Jan. 30th, 6:30pm)
- UF @ Alabama (Jan. 3rd, 8:00pm)
- UF vs. Auburn (Jan. 6th, 1:00pm)
- UF @ South Carolina (Jan. 10th, 7:00pm)
- UF vs. Missouri (Jan. 13th, 3:00pm)
- UF @ Ole Miss (Jan. 20th, 4:00pm)
- UF vs. Mississippi State (Jan. 24th, 7:00pm)
- UF vs. Arkansas (Jan. 27th, 2:00pm)
- UF @ Tennessee (Jan. 31st, 7:00pm)
The events this month are diverse and definitely afford you the opportunity to maybe do something you’ve never done before! New year, new memories!
- Outdoor Fiesta @ Swamp Head Brewery (Jan. 5th, 12:00pm) Free
Hosted by Hell’s Bay Boatworks, come talk fishing, camping, and all things outdoors! Industry partners from companies like Yeti will be there to network and share a few brews!
- Party Favor @ Top Tier (Jan. 8th, 10:00pm) $10.00-$20.00
- Muscadine Bloodline @ High Dive (Jan. 10th, 8:30pm) $10.00-$12.00
- The Florida Vintage Market @ High Dive (Jan. 12th, 1:00pm-5:00pm) Free
Come sift through amazing vintage clothing, jewelry, home decor and more at this unique market!
- Gainesville Street Rods: Talking Cars Under the Stars @ Publix on 39th & I75 (Jan. 12th, 5:30pm) Free
The name says it all! Check out old school cars and learn more about them from the owners themselves. There’s also a $100 cash drawing for raffle tickets.
- Laughs on Tap @ Blackadder Brewing (Jan. 19th, 9:30pm) $10.00-$15.00
Atlanta’s best comics are in town to share a few brews and a few laughs! Round up your friends and come enjoy some great standup.
- FTA Presents: The 2nd Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival @ Swamp Head Brewery (Jan. 26th, 5:00pm) $8.00-$14.00
The Florida Trail Association hosts a 14-film festival, with environmental and adventures pieces that bring attention to the beauty of the planet we live on. There will also be live music and food for purchase, and all proceeds go towards protecting the Florida National Scenic Trail.
- Hoggetown Medieval Faire 2019 @ Alachua County Fairgrounds (Jan. 26th-27th, 10:00am-6:00pm) $18.00
If you’ve never been to a medieval faire, you should consider it. Because they are absolutely nuts. There’s jousts, street performers, fairies, dragons. Think Game of Thrones but without the HBO level content.
Don’t be a lump on a log as 2019 begins, make the most of your new year and get out and have fun! Classes don’t get intense until midterms anyway, so you have time to kill. Have fun and check out the event calendars below for more shows, events, and things to do this month in Gainesville!