This month in Gainesville is all about love! Not just the romantic stuff (Valentine’s Day, we get it.) but love for one another! February is jam-packed with Gator games and community fundraising events that allow you to find a soft spot for the community we live in!
Basketball is still holding strong and Baseball is in full swing! We added in the Softball schedule down there too because I mean… the girls are ranked. It’s important to note that their tournaments include a number of teams rather than a series like baseball often does, so check out their schedule to see who they’re up against! There’s actually over a dozen sports competing this winter into spring, so check out some of the schedules below and get ready the cheer #GoGators!
- UF vs. Kentucky (Feb. 2nd, 4:00pm)
- UF @ Auburn (Feb. 5th, 9:00pm)
- UF @ Tennessee (Feb. 9th, 4:00pm)
- UF vs. Vanderbilt (Feb. 13th, 9:00pm)
- UF @ Alabama (Feb. 16th, 2:00pm)
- UF @ LSU (Feb. 20th, 7:00pm)
- UF vs. Missouri (Feb. 22nd, 4:00pm)
- UF @ Vanderbilt (Feb. 27th, 9:00pm)
- UF @ Kentucky (Feb. 3rd, 2:00pm)
- UF vs. Alabama (Feb. 7th, 7:00pm)
- UF @ Georgia (Feb. 10th, 12:00pm)
- UF vs. South Carolina (Feb. 17th, 2:00pm)
- UF @ LSU (Feb. 21st, 7:30pm)
- UF vs. Texas A&M (Feb. 25th, 7:00pm)
- UF vs. Georgia (Feb. 28th, 7:00pm)
- UF vs. Long Beach State (Feb.15th-17th)
- UF @ USF (Feb. 19th, TBA)
- UF vs. North Florida (Feb. 20th, 6:00pm)
- UF vs. UM (Feb. 22nd-24th)
- UF @ Jacksonville (Feb. 26th, TBA)
- UF vs. UCF (Feb. 27th, 6:00pm)
- UF @ USF Opening Weekend Invite (Feb. 8th-10th)
- UF vs. Japan (Feb. 12th, 6:00pm)
- UF vs. UNF (Feb. 13th, 6:00pm)
- UF @ Littlewood Classic (Feb. 15th-17th)
- UF @ Jacksonville (Feb. 20th, 5:00pm)
- UF vs. Bubly Invitational (Feb. 22nd-24th)
- UF @ UCLA (Feb. 27th, 9:00pm)
There aren’t many concerts coming to the area this month (Check out Tampa and Tallahassee though!) but there are tons of events that allow you to engage with your community and experience something bigger! Give a little and get a little this February in Gainesville with some of the events listed below.
- When Gospel Meets Jazz: A Black History Month Event @ The Thomas Center (Feb. 1st, 7:00pm) $20.00-$25.00
Celebrate the beginning of Black History Month with beautiful jazz music and African American History. Funds from ticket sales go toward transforming the Smith-Griffin House into a Black History Exhibit Museum.
- CF Climb at UF @ Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (Feb. 2nd, 9:00am-1:00pm) $25.00
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation continues its goal to find a cure for CF with the funds raised from its annual climb at The Swamp. With your entry-fee donation, you’ll climb over 1,500 steps in UF’s football stadium, with endurance symbolic to the cause.
- Changeville Music & Arts Festival @ Downtown Gainesville (Feb. 7th-8th) $1.00-$49.00
This music, movie, comedy, and art festival features local and national artists like Big Freeda, Japanese Breakfast, AJJ, and more. The theme of the weekend is social change with $1 donated from every ticket sale to Gainesville Girls Rock Camp and the Center for Educational Excellence in Alternative Settings.
- Boos and Brews: A Hippodrome Ghost Tour @ Hippodrome Theatre (Feb. 9th, 10:00pm) $20.00
It’s not Halloween, it’s a ghost tour with beer! Not sure if alcohol will make you more squeamish or more brave, but there’s one way to find out…
- Valentines Day Dinner @ Rustic Oaks Ranch (Feb. 14th, 7:00pm-10:00pm) $75.00
Sweep your loved one off their feet at this romantic dinner on a ranch. There’s a cocktail hour followed by a three-course dinner, games, and dancing.
- A Valentines Night @ Florida Museum (Feb. 14th, 7:00pm-10:00pm) $30.00-$50.00
If you rather have some mind-challenging fun on Valentine’s Day, check out the trivia and museum exhibits open at the Florida Museum! Coffee and dessert will be served, both couples and singles welcome!
- Gainesville Vegfest @ Depot Park (Feb. 16th, 10:00am-5:00pm) Free
Presented by North Florida Veg Events, Inc. is the 3rd annual Vegfest! Learn about sustainable, healthy foods and ways to change your life to live alongside this planet rather than just on it.
So spread the love this month and every month to come in one of Florida’s favorite cities! For more things to do, check out the event calendars below for extra shows and events this month in Gainesville!