Spring is in the air! And the air is thick, because it’s Florida. But that’s no problem, we love the sunshine and all of the joy it brings and we’re ready for some Gainesville fun! Check out everything to do this April in the swamp!
Baseball and Softball have games on games this month and all of the other spring sports have packed schedules, too! Take a look at some of the home series, games, and meets happening this month.
- UF vs. Florida A&M (Apr. 2nd, 6:00pm)
- UF @ Ole Miss (Apr. 5th-7th)
- UF @ FSU (Apr. 9th, 6:00pm)
- UF vs. South Carolina (Apr. 11th-13th)
- UF vs. Jacksonville (Apr. 16th, 6:00pm)
- UF @ LSU (Apr. 18th-20th)
- UF vs. FAU (Apr. 23rd, 6:00pm)
- UF vs. Kentucky (Apr. 26th-28th)
- UF vs. FSU (Apr. 3rd, 7:00pm)
- UF vs. Arkansas (Apr. 5th-7th)
- UF vs. USF (Apr. 10th, 7:00pm)
- UF @ Texas A&M (Apr. 12th-14th)
- UF @ FSU (Apr. 17th, 7:00pm)
- UF vs. Alabama (Apr. 19th-20th)
- UF @ Auburn (Apr. 26th-28th)
Concerts & Shows
A few shows are scattered around town, as well as big concerts rolling through nearby St. Augustine and Jacksonville. There’s nothing wrong with spending a little money for a lot of fun!
- Thunderclap @ Loosey’s (Apr. 4th, 8:00pm) $5.00
- Kenny Chesney @ Daily’s Place (Apr. 13th, 7:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Kane Brown @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre (Apr. 13th, 8:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- Leon Bridges @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre (Apr. 17th, 7:00pm) $29.64-$84.14
- Garth Brooks @ Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (Apr. 20th, 7:00pm) Check ticket pricing
- The Rolling Stones @ Tiaa Bank Field (Apr. 24th, 7:30pm) Check ticket pricing
- Destructo @ Myth Nightclub (Apr. 26th, 9:00pm) $20.00
- Kelsea Ballerini @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre (Apr. 29th, 7:00pm) $32.14-$52.14
There’s nothing like time outdoors in the warm Florida sun. Take advantage of this beautiful weather during the many outdoor events happening around Gainesville this April!
- Spring Celebration and O’Leno Ole Chili Cookoff @ O’Leno State Park (April 6th, 8:00am-3:00pm) Free
This CASI sanctioned event invites the best chili-cookers around to present their most extravagant recipes to compete in this year’s cookoff! If you don’t cook, you can still come eat and enjoy the spring festivities and music in the air!
- The Great Inflatable Race @ Alachua County Fairgrounds (Apr. 6th, 9:00am-12:00pm) $29.99
Picture this: a “race course” made of dozens of bounce houses. Oh yea. Like something out of your childhood dreams. Get ready to bounce around with the bros!
- The 3rd Annual Great Gainesville Car Show @ Downtown Gainesville (Apr. 13th, 9:00am-2:00pm) Free-$20.00
Come check out the coolest cars and motorcycles in town! Think yours is cooler? Entry is $10-$20 and there’s trophies and prizes for the winners!
- National Geographic Live: Ocean Soul @ Phillips Center for Performing Arts (Apr. 19th, 7:30pm-9:00pm) $10.00-$25.00
Experience the world that lives within our seas with this captivating film and photography by some of the greatest nature photographers in the world.
- Easter Brunch @ Sweetwater Ranch Inn (Apr. 21st, 11:00am-2:00pm) $14.00-$26.00
Easter Brunch is always the best brunch of the year, and Sweetwater Ranch lives up to expectations! Come dine on an omelette bar, cravings station, mimosas and more.
- 43rd Annual Pioneer Day Festival @ James Paul Park (Apr. 27th-28th) Free
Fall back in time and experience life the way the pioneers did! Live reenactments, timely music, food, and crafts will fill the festival for 2 days. Heritage Village boasts live art demonstrations and tales from historians.
Don’t overdo it on the Easter chocolate this month! Or do, we won’t tell anyone. For more things to do, check out the event calendars below for extra shows and events this month in Gainesville!