Foliage, pumpkin-spice lattes, and Halloween. Yes, it’s October. But the weather is still nice and there are plenty of things to do in Atlanta this month. We’ve got the run-down on the best events and activities around town. From the top hip-hop festival to the Atlanta Pride Parade and a Halloween-themed Hot-Air Balloon Fest, you won’t want to miss out on these fun things to do October 2018.
- Atlanta United October Matches at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Get your tickets here!
- Atlanta FC vs. New England Revolution (10/6 @ 3:30pm)
- Atlanta FC vs. Chicago Fire (10/21 @ 3:00pm)
- Atlanta Black Theatre Festival– Oct. 3rd-6th, prices vary. This world class self-producing platform offers live performances, shopping, reader’s theatre series, creative conferences, master classes, nightly celebrations, and more. This year the festival will feature plays like The Meeting, Lines, and Somewhere in Summerville on its main stage. Browse this year’s events and get your tickets here!
- A3C Festival– Oct. 3rd -7th, 1-day-pass $71/ Full-festival-pass $119. If you’re a hip-hop you don’t want to miss one of the most important hip-hop events of the year. The festival will feature artists like Lil Wayne, Wu-Tang Clan, among others, as well as dozens of panels, workshops, mixers and mentor sessions with hundreds of thought- leaders and industry experts. The event takes place at the GA Freight Depot, get more info here!
- The International Night Market Atlanta– Oct. 5th-7th, $6 one-day pass/$13 three-day pass. This enormous, open-air night market fill feature more than 200 independent food, art and drink vendors, and cultural performances that you won’t want to miss. Head to North Point Mall in Alpharetta and enjoy a night out while the weather is still nice!
- Atlanta Pride Festival and Parade– Oct. 12th-14th, free. The 48th Annual Atlanta Pride Festival will hold its kick-off party on Friday at the Georgia Aquarium. The weekend is filled with live entertainment, concerts, film showings, as well as different rallies to celebrate diversity. The curtain closes on Sunday at noon with the Atlanta Pride Parade, which begins near the Civic Center MARTA station and ends at Piedmont Park.
- Elevate Art– Oct. 14th -21st, free. The seasonal, week-long celebration of public artwork in Downtown, offers educational opportunities, cultural events, performances, art installations, civic panels, as well as an opening block party with music, food and performance art. Elevate closes on the 21st with a night party and special performance.
- Taste of Atlanta– Oct.19th -21st, GA $25/ VIP $75.The food festival has been gathering Atlanta’s best chefs and local restaurants for 17 years. The weekend schedule is full of opportunities to sample Atlanta’s food scene, watch chef demos and participate in cooking classes. The event takes place at the Historic Fourth Ward Park. You can get your tickets here!
- Owl-O-Ween- Oct. 19th -20th, GA $14. Five Stages, Balloon Glows, Tethered Balloon Rides, more than 120+ Performing Artists including fire eaters, aerialists, and sword swallowers will dazzle you at the 6th Annual Owl-O-Ween Festival. This glow-in-the-dark balloon and costume festival (there will be prizes for the best costume!) is from 6-11pm on Friday, and from 4-11pm on Saturday.
Which of these things to do in Atlanta in October 2018 are you most interested in? Let us know which in the comments!