Lights, lights, and more lights! Atlanta is the place to be December 2018. School is out, Christmas music is playing everywhere, and like every other year the city fills with fun things to do during the holiday season! Here’s a list of activities and events going on in Atlanta this holiday season.
- Callaway Gardens’ Fantasy In Lights– Dec 1st-Jan 6th ($35/same day ticket). 8 million lights. 15 dazzling scenes. 1 magical night. Fantasy in Lights is rated by National Geographic as one of the Top 10 Christmas Light Displays in the World and you’ll quickly realize why. This spectacular holiday light and sound show is worth every penny. You can get your tickets in advance here!
- Lighting of Macy’s Great Tree at Lenox Square– Nov. 18th (Free): Don’t miss the 71st annual installment of this wonderful Atlanta holiday tradition: the lighting of the 56-foot tall tree, adorned with 45,000 multi-colored led-lights. There will be free performances by CeeLo Green, country singer RaeLynn, Atlanta native and “America’s Got Talent” runner-up Angelica Hale, and Casting Crowns, as well as a firework finale! The event will take place at 7 p.m. at Macy’s Lenox Square.
- Power 96.1 Jingle Ball– December 14th, (ticket prices vary). If you’re looking for a live music event to get into the holiday spirit, this is it. Shawn Mendes, Calvin Harris, G-Eazy, and Alessia Cara are just some of the stars headlining this year’s Atlanta Jingle Ball at the State Farm Arena. The event begins at 7:30pm and you can get your tickets here!
- Garden lights, Holiday Nights– Dec.1st- Jan.5th ($19.95- $29.95, depending on night). The Atlanta Botanical Garden 8th annual electric will light up your holidays! See the Skylights Lounge in the Skyline Garden, the buzz-worthy spectacle Nature’s Wonders, the Ice Goddess and Tunnel of Light, Model Trains and other incredible exhibitions that make this a must-see holiday event.
- Atlanta Christkindl Market– open until December 23rd (free). Enjoy a stroll around Tower Street NW at Atlantic Station and immerse yourself in holiday spirit. The market, sponsored by the GAC-Foundation, offers a variety of traditional German products, craftsmanship, seasonal gastronomic specialties and new gourmet street food, as well as music and entertainment. It’s open from Wednesday to Saturday 11am-9pm, and Sundays Noon-7pm. Check out more info here!
- Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl– Dec. 29th (ticket prices vary). End 2018 the right way: with football. The Peach Bowl, happening at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, is the must-see college football event of the year. It features a top-ranked matchup with teams selected by the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. Show your team-spirit at the parade, and check out other fun football events happening during Bowl Week. Get your tickets here!Stay up to date with all the events in the Atlanta area using these calendars: